Books

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Swimmy Doodles

We went swimming yesterday, the littlie and me. Maybe a bit unremarkable for most Mum's, fun, but not necessarily newsworthy. But it is for me because I have never taken him swimming by myself. I am an awful swimmer, in fact I would say I cant swim, I just manage to keep myself afloat somehow. Normally Daddy takes him, or we go together, but I made up my mind on Sunday evening to give it a go, and packed the swim bag, so I would be less likely to change my mind. After I dressed the little guy in the morning I asked him to look in the bag and guess where we were going. When he realised it was swimming he jumped up and down and yelled, 'its the best in the world' (so cute for a 2 year old, and talk about Mummy guilt!).
We set off early (again, so I wouldn't have time to think about it and change my mind), and arrived at the pool at about 10.30am. As it turns out, there was a swim class going on in the toddler pool, so half of the pool was roped off. Luckily there were only 2 other families there so we all had loads of space (although all the Mummies of the swim class were sitting on the side making me feel a bit paranoid). All in all, it turned out pretty well, with only one escape attempt when he shot up the steps and sped off along the side of the pool (that boy is turning into a 'runner' and will try and make a break for it at every given opportunity). After about an hour we were both surprised to see one of my friends for the Ante-Natal group and her little girl, arrive (this was the group I went to when expecting Oscar). My friend is expecting her second baby and was looking wonderful, and also as happy to see me as I was to see her. The swim class finished just after that and at one point the 4 of us had the whole pool to ourselves. So, a pretty successful outing all in all. I am thinking of going back again next week.
Since photo's are banned at the pool, I have no evidence to show you, but I thought I would take a leaf from 'Doodlemum' (I LOVE HER), and show you some swimmy doodles.
Have A Nice Day Everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Great doodles!
    I'm afraid I'm a terrible Mummy and don't do swimming, I should try harder.
    Love your new header, is that one of your illustrations too?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the header was mine, its not lol But they were blond and I changed them to black, does that count haha.

    ReplyDelete