Books

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The No Baby Blues

As I have mentioned before, we lost a baby last year (incidentally that makes it sound like losing a sock or something, how awful). Some people said 'ah well, it wasn't meant to be', some people said 'sorry to hear that' and some people said nothing. As I came out of the early pregnancy unit, after being told the pregnancy wasn't progressing, I knew straight away I didn't want to talk about it, and I whispered words to that effect to my husband. Inevitably we did talk about it, but only with each other. I know there are quite a few family members who think I shouldn't be having another baby anyway, and I hate to say it, but I think my Mother was relieved. We have a complicated history when it comes to me having children. I don't understand her attitude and probably never will. All I can say is, she was very pleased when I was sterilised and not so pleased when I had it undone. That's probably why I am typing it here, because I know the instant disapproval I would get elsewhere.
Ok, so whats this all about. Well, the Cons-
 I am 41, I am very overweight, I get very tired with just 1 child (and 2 grown up children). I have had a thrombosis and a childhood heart condition, I have back problems. All true, but the weight, thrombosis, heart condition and back complaint were all applicable the last time (the last time I had a child that is),and didn't affect the pregnancy.
The Pro's - I want a sibling to grown up along-side the littlie. And 'I JUST WANT ONE'
Its decision time.

No comments:

Post a Comment