Books

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out Of Sorts

Fridays are normally a good day for us, the end of the week is welcomed with gusto. The break in the solitude of being a stay at home mum is gratefully received on Friday evenings. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way, I adore being with the little one, but there is no denying its a lonely life at times. Hattie smiles sympathetically at me, she understands, she 'had' to work, not financially although that was a help too, but she had to act, it was in her blood. Many working mum's feel guilty for leaving their children, many stay at home mum's feel guilty for dropping out of grown up society. I don't think anyone ever really has it all.

Anyway, I was booked in for routine bloods and a smear test today. Not exactly a social whirlwind. I was told when I got there that since I had lost a baby in November I couldn't have the smear test until April. Another little reminder out of the blue. Quite sad,  Hattie nods solemnly.

As the day wore on, it became apparent that the little one wasn't very well. We met my sister for lunch (in a very 1960's cafe called 'The Deep Sea', I love it), but the poor little guy didn't eat a bite. When my sister went back to work we went looking for a coffee table in the 2nd hand furniture shops (I am looking for a small but sturdy round wooden coffee table), during which time the littlie fell asleep.I was very upset when a man accidentally whacked him with a bag and woke him in the shopping center. Some people seem to be blind to prams and fall over them or hit your child with their bags, Hattie thinks its about time I started hitting back, I am seriously considering it.
A very kind man in the British Heart Foundation saw my boys sad little face and untied a bunch of balloons from the display and gave them to him. It cheered him up no end, and he in turn cheered up everyone on the bus ride home by marveling at his new red balloons.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment