Books

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Too Tired

The little guy is still not very well, and his sleeping patterns are up in the air. Its 9.15pm right now, and thankfully he is asleep. It is the first night in ages (it seems ages but in reality, 3 or 4 nights), when he was asleep before 10pm. Both my husband and I have turned into sleepy heads, a massive turn around from when we first met and were night owls.  My two older children were sleeping later in the mornings by then, and they spent every 2nd weekend with their Father anyway so we were able to stay up late and wine and dine when they were home, and party when they weren't. We were still in our late (very in my case), 20's then so energy was more abundant, if only it was bankable!
Amongst the many childcare books I have read there was a chapter in one called 'I am so tired, I might die' I cant remember any other chapter titles so what does that tell you? It really rang true with me, and the theme in the book was to tell you things other people or books don't explain enough. I was 39 when this baby came along, and sometimes I have been so tired I thought I might die. Luckily, my gorgeous husband it whipping up some fresh pasta and garlic bread right now, so at least I wont be 'so hungry, I think I might die'.
Goodnight
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment