Books

Friday, January 21, 2011

Paygrup And Other Things

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm Val, aged 41, married to Duncan aged 36 (yep, toy-boy). I am a mother to 2 grown up children, Christopher aged 21 and Aimee aged 19, from my first marriage. Duncan and I have one beautiful child together, our darling son, Oscar, aged 2, born 15th February 2009. Oscar's inception was no easy task and I had to undergo treatment / surgery to bring about the miracle that he is. We are hoping for another baby some day to fill our home with more laughter. As my 42nd birthday looms at the end of this year, we will just have to wait and see if it is meant to be.
I trained as a ENR now known as A Level 2 straight from school at 17 1/2  and I gave it up at 19 to have my first child. After a period of being a stay at home mum I went to college in Dundee and studied art and design 2 afternoons a week. The next year my tutors advised me to take my art further so I completed the Portfolio Preparation Course. My first application to Art School was rejected, and after I threw a major tantrum I embarked on a Textile HNC, which I completed and also during which time I perfected my portfolio. The following year I applied for 2 2nd year courses at Art School,  BDes Printed Textiles and BDes Constructed Textiles. I accepted the Printed Place and went to Art School for 3 years before leaving with a DHE in design studies. The textile courses have now been merged at Duncan Of Jordanstone where I studdied. INFO HEREI left art school, mucked around for a while, met my husband Duncan and ended up taking a job as a civil servant while my husband went through Art School himself, his course was Digital Interactive Design. Duncan is now working for a small but fairly successful design company. After pouring all of my creative efforts into mothering Oscar over the past 2 years, I am finally in the right head-space to begin designing again. Keep an eye on my art blog for upcoming works HERE
This blog is a daily life diary. The good, the bad and the simply beautiful.
Oscar aged 4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment