Books

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Slow Weekend

Things were a bit up and down for me here. All I wanted to do was be alone, and in the moments when I was alone all I could think about was sorting out the house. I used to have a 'bit' of a routine when it came to house cleaning, but it has fallen by the wayside. Monday was big wash day, Tuesday was stairs and bathroom, Wednesday was lounge and dining room, Thursday was small wash day and bathroom and Friday was bedroom. The kitchen was done every day. It did work, but only if you had no other life, and I am quite prone to throwing off the rules in favor of something impromptu.
'Bravo darling', Hattie says. 'You cant be living your life to a schedule, you never know when your number will be up'. Hattie passed away at 58, a very young age. My Grandmother was 57, my Grandfather 62 and my Dad 62. If that isn't a poster for living each day to the full I don't know what is.
The cleaning didn't really happen though, so its waiting for me today. On Sunday I did manage to make a lovely cheese cake, some sweet pies and some fairy cakes. I haven't baked in a while so I was very pleased with myself. I have a lot of eggs to be used up today so I may have to get some particularly eggy recipies together.
I also managed to knit a new hat for the littlie over the weekend with my very first ball of Mirasol Sulka. Kat at Slugs On The Refrigerator has said several times what gorgeous wool it is and having finished a sumptuous little hat in a navy blue colour, I have to concur.
Well, onwards and upwards with the cleaning. Have a lovely Monday readers.
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment