Books

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Choices


Lately I have had to make some tough choices, some good, some bad and some undecidedly neither as yet. Today, my husband the littlie and I are off to look over a nursery. It is in a lovely area and in the middle price range of the private nursery sector, but of course that doesn't mean it is necessarily any better than any other nursery. It doesn't mean I want to 'leave' my son in the hands of strangers 1 or 2 days a week. It also doesn't mean my son will want to stay there. What I do know right now, is that I will benefit from 2 days a week to work on my creative endeavors and he will benefit from the company of other children. Both of these things are dependent on both of us being willing to let go of each other, just a little bit. What a choice to make.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know where you are coming from. Right now J is at nursery - croileagan, as it is gaelic medium. He goes 4 mornings a week. It is fine- he enjoys going and seeing the other children, and it is very child led stuff. Now I have lots of time to plant all those potatoes and he still loves me. It is probably what you need right not, so embrace the opportunity. Looking forward to seeing lots of surreal stuff here soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, I am honestly a nervous wreck about it, and feeling very guilty, but my intentions are good. Only time will tell if Oscar and I can cope with it lol. After all, he is onlt 24 months.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete