Books

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fantasy

I am still painting and researching for my new project 'Pop Surrealism'. I have an ideas for a whole series of paintings. Its funny, once I started sketching, all of these ideas came tumbling out, and it has been difficult deciding what to leave out as opposed to what to put in. Can you tell it has engaged me? The old problems are ever present, no time to fit it in. The littlie didnt go to sleep until 9pm last night, and by then I was fairly pooped myself. In my fantasy world, I would have all the time in the world to play with my son all day long, and as the sun sets I would sip a glass of wine while listening to some light jazz on the radio and be painting away in my fabulous studio. Yeah! fantasy.
And talking of fantasy, I found a wonderful artist on my internet research travels. I think her work is a bit of a fusion of fantasy art and pop surrealism, which to me at least, are 2 different categorys. Please take a look at her work it is wonderful. ANIA TOMICKA

1 comment: