Books

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesdays Most Wanted

Vintage Chic
I love vintage clothes, well vintage anything actually, you may have picked up on that already, but being the size I am seriously hampers vintage clothes buying. The problem is, even if you find clothes in the right size, you can look very frumpy in them if you are overweight. At 41 I know I cant get away with the same things a 20 year old can, but even so, the last thing I want to do is look older than I am.
I am on a weight loss program though, so I decided to take a peek at what the internet has to offer. Obviously car-boot sales and local charity shops are a cheaper alternative, but if you live in an area where second hand style is on the light side, here is what I found.


Top Left - Multicoloured Velvet Jacket - £40 - HERE
Top Middle - Glittering Lurex 1960's Bag - £26 - HERE
Top Right - Vintage 1960s Snakeskin Bag - £32.50 HERE
Bottom Left - Sorry SOLD
Bottom Middle - Spider Brooch 1920s-30s - £18  HERE
Bottom Right - 1960s Hot Pink Dress - £65 - HERE

As I said, some of them are quite expensive but most websites have a 'clearance' area worth a look.
And while we are on the subject of Vintage, please take a look at the handmade jewelery of 
Ruby Dixie found HERE, the designer and maker is Jakki  from the Hastings area. I love the unique style she has created, I will be pointing my husband in that direction for my next birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment