Books

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mothers Day

Mum and Me, a rare photo 2005
To indulge myself on Mothers Day, here is a list of some of the little things which have amused or interested me over the last year.
  • After 24 years of cooking for myself, I have discovered my favorite herb is Dill, and not Basil as I previously thought.
  • My little boy cant say sledge or edge and so says slench and ench.
  • I still believe I can be blond.
  • Hanging fertility beads on the bed can be off-putting in the process of fertility.
  • Orlistat diet pills probably don't do anything except make you so scared you will poop yourself, you don't eat.
  • It is possible to have pimples and wrinkles at once aged 41.
  • In real life, I neither feel nor look like a 'yummy mummy' (99.9% of the time).
  • Even though I never drink, I desperately want to get hammered as soon as I start trying for a baby, and cant drink.
  • My two year old not only asks for Wasabi peas, but actually likes them.
  • I still fancy Johnny Depp my husband, in a completely juvenile way.
  • I still want to dance about in my bare feet wearing floaty skirts and my hair long down my back (but I never do).
  • Even though I hate everything about it, I still refer to the time I was a smoker as the good old days.
  • It wouldnt upset me to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.
  • Sometimes, I still wish I was Mary-Ellen Walton (its my list!)
  • I am a mother of a 21 year old son, a 19 year old daughter and a 2 year old son, and we are hoping for another one.


PS Please take a look at my other blog today HERE

4 comments:

  1. Hey I love this list!
    Especially the lusting for Johnny Depp, Ooops I mean my Johnny of course.........
    Difference between us - I was blond for a long time and KNOW I can't pull that off any longer lol.
    Hope another little soul decides to make it's home with you soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've changed your blog! dance in barefoot in the kitchen tomorrow.......just for fun......I will too - need to do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol yes, I really should, actually I have seen belly-dance classes advertised, now that really appeals lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And hehe, Becks my husband read the Johnny Depp bit, just as well I scored it out.

    ReplyDelete