Books

Friday, April 01, 2011

Kalm Night

My husband brought me home some Kalms sleep tablets yesterday. He asked the pharmacist which ones would be ok for me since I was trying to conceive. These are what she recommended, mild but effective. So last night I had no caffeine after 9pm (should have been 6pm really, but I needed a wee cup of Earl Gray to keep me happy). I took a long soak in a hot bath, lit my oil burner with lavender oil in it, had a cup of  Sleep Easy Tea and swallowed down 4 Kalms, put a good book and some vitamin fruit juice by the bed, put in my earplugs and lay down to sleep.  I was still awake at 2.30am. I ended up reading until 3.30am and the littlie was up at 7am, so not exactly a great success. As if by magic I ordered a relaxation CD before this all started, so I am hoping it hurry's up and gets here. (CD). I am getting more and more grumpy as the days go on. I found myself being huffy with my husband last night when the littlie saw a picture of one of my childhood heroes Ringo Starr and said 'that's Daddy'. Daddy made some derogatory remarks about Ringo and I felt the need to sulk about it. Yes, overtired. Hopefully I will catch up on the Z's over the weekend. Have a good one everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Urghh, insomnia is horrible. Have you heard of the golden thread breathing technique? My yoga teacher taught it me, and I use it when I'm stressed, but it's also good for insomnia.
    This link explains it, just ignore the pregnancy stuff, you don't have to be pregnant to use it. http://blackheathyoga.blogspot.com/2009/12/ujjayi-breath-and-golden-thread.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanette, I have vaguely heard of it but I dont know how it works so I will check out the link once the wee one is asleep.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete