Books

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Insomnia

I spend a lot of time being tired, but any slight disruptions in my life often lead to terrible insomnia. Since I had the littlie (15th Feb 2009), I have been taking painkillers for back pain, Codeine or Tramadol. Since Tramadol is very bad during pregnancy my GP put me on codeine when I unexpectedly became pregnant (the first month) last year. Obviously any painkillers during pregnancy are bad, so I have dropped to an over the counter strength with the view to cutting down each week until I am off them completely. Unfortunately I have spiraled into withdrawal again, and this is manifesting as restless leg syndrome ( RSL a hereditary condition I suffer from time to time), and acute nighttime insomnia. I am wondering how we will get through the day right now since last night was the 5th night in a row I have hardly slept. I don't even think I can take sleeping pills since the whole point is to get off the meds, and also, the one an only time I have taken sleeping pills I was just exhausted but my legs STILL kept me awake. I expect I will muddle through somehow, and hope the littlie takes an afternoon nap!
On the plus side, my middle of the night clarity helped me remember my password to an old website where I had old photos stored. Look at these gems.





Me with Gene and Paul, aka Gary an Ash from Kiss tribute band 'Dressed To Kill' info HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment