Books

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

I was thinking that spring has sprung. We even made flower faeries today, even though it was cold, the sun was streaming in the windows. Little did I know that the rest of Scotland was under a blanket of snow or having torrential downpours (allegedly). I guess we were the lucky ones.
I am a winter baby (born in December), and I love the sparkle that winter can bring, frost patterns, icicles, snowflakes and frozen puddles. But I have to admit, I have seen quite enough of the snow and ice this winter.
The flower faeries certainly cheered us up this morning, now all we need is the garden to begin to bloom and our spirits will be truly lifted I am sure.

Thanks to Twig and Toadstool for the flower children idea, theirs are super stylish compared to ours, but wielding a hot glue gun around my particular 2 year old is a tricky business.

3 comments:

  1. It's fair to say I was a bit peeved this morning when i awoke to more of the white stuff. it's gone now - just waiting on those pesky winds to die down so my poor sailor dh feels safe to go on the ferry.
    I love your little flower fairies - so delicate and sweet.

    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacqui, the winds here today are fierce. We have fitted wardrobes over the wall where the chimney breast is and my wardrobe door actually opened itself at 6am this morning, even though the chimney is sealed up. I hope your husband has a safe passage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the wind and rain is awful here too. I walked a lot today for work and was fair frozen. Although I have to say out even in the wind and rain was preferable to being in the office.....
    The flower fairies are just perfect and so sweet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete