Books

Monday, March 28, 2011

Obsession And Compulsion

After my recent hair disaster I was pondering what I would like done with my hair. Obviously not blond, but maybe a gorgeous chocolate brown with some lovely buttery highlights. Then it occurred to me, that perhaps I am projecting my food feelings onto my hair. I have not had any real chocolate or real butter for weeks. Oops, it would seem so. Especially since I have realised my diet (low fat eating), is not temporary, its forever. I am eating well enough that if I do get pregnant I will not have to alter my diet. Basically all I have really done is cut out the crap.

I have found thinking up ideas for dinner one of the most difficult parts of the whole thing, so this week I am going to be following some recipes.
I thought I might share some on here over the week, just in case anyone else is stuck for dinner.

Today we have

Beef with orange

ingredients

serves 4
5 teaspoons plain wholemeal flour
salt and pepper
350 g (12 oz) lean chuck steak, cubed
15 g (1/2 oz) butter
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
grated rind and juice of 2 small oranges
200 ml (7 fl oz) beef stock
chopped parsley, to garnish

method

1. Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the meat
 
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and pepper and fry until soft.

3. Add the meat and fry, turning, until evenly browned.


4. Transfer to a 900 ml (1 1/2 pint) casserole. Stir in the orange rind and juice, stock and salt and pepper to taste.


5. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours. Serve hot, garnished with parsley. 
 
 
* I wont be using butter though, a wee spray of oil will be much healthier.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs for your hair. I have had many a colouring and perming disaster, but now I am loving my silver streaks. Chocolate and butter sound nice - either on the head or on the plate :). I have actually been flirting with high fat nutrient dense type diets lately. Interesting links available if you fancy a look. Chocolate and butter friendly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I would be interested, I am obviously needing some changes.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete