Books

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book Day



My darling husband decided to take the littlie off swimming this morning and said I wasn't to worry about getting 'stuff' done, I could do absolutely nothing if I so please (isn't he lovely). So for most of the morning I did just that. Doing nothing to me,usually involves tea in bed and my laptop, reading my favorite blogs and trying not to go mad on Ebay. I did buy a couple of things on Ebay THIS FABRIC and THIS FABRIC to go with THIS recent purchase. I cant really sew, stemming back to a horrific time in Home Economics at school, with a tyrannical staunch christian teacher, who was always yelling at me because I kept making mistakes and muttering 'oh god, or for god's sake', accidentally. Anyway, I have decided to be self taught ( I will let you know how that goes ).

Once my back was too sore to stay put any longer (have I mentioned our mattress is on the floor because the old bed was killing me and I didn't read the small print on the website where I bought our new bed, they are on holiday for 2 weeks, grrrr?), I decided to get on with the task set for today.
We have loads of books, which have been shamefully boxed in the attic for months/years. This is partly due to space and partly due to my dislike of dusting versus my husbands dust allergy. We both decided though, they really belong on display. Not because they are pretty, but because as a family, we really love books. Even the littlie has quite a collection and like myself as a child has some well worn favorites already (my all time favorite being). I think you are inclined to read more if you have books around, and although its often used as an insomnia device in this house I would like to fit more reading in. Its worth a little extra dusting.
 ps. Does it really count as spending money if its on craft items, it doesn't does it? OOPS

 Link to photo's in colour HERE

2 comments:

  1. To me essential spending covers books and craft items ;-)
    Loving the books out on the shelves. I am decluttering but every time I grab a book for the box I change my mind. So far I have decluttered by 2 very old books on Sociology and thats it!
    Love the new post too. Definitely looks like a having fun day was had.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I constantly declutter then bring it back out again lol. I like the lived in homely look, but then it turns quickly into just a mess and it annoys me. My husband is one of these people who tidies up by making piles, then the piles get bigger and bigger and become permanent, and I go nuts for clear spaces again lol. I do like 'things' around me though, I cant help it.

    ReplyDelete