Books

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Please Please Please

I think I have mentioned a couple of times that we are house-hunting? Anyway, we/I was extremely miffed a few weeks ago when we found a lovely house, viewed it, submitted the paperwork and was then informed it was under offer. I felt my dream home had slipped through our hands (slightly over dramatic). On Thursday though, I was chatting to my husband on the phone (he was at work), and surfing the property websites when I found this house. We both became very excited and managed to get into the viewing at 4.30 yesterday, and WE LOVE IT. It has many of the features our old flat had (high ceilings, bay window, open fireplace), but has many advantages the old flat didn't have (it is double glazed, has Gas central heating and isn't up 3 flights of stairs). It was obviously too late to do much about it on a Friday afternoon just before 5pm but my husband will be calling the agent first thing on Monday.
I had intended on having hubby take a wee video on his iphone, (I got the idea from Kat at Slugs on the Refrigerator who has just moved into her fantastic new home, take a look HERE), but the current residents were home and the kids were sitting in their rooms looking a bit annoyed at the invasion of house-hunters.
When we left, we went for a 10 minute stroll with the littlie so he could see what was down the street and over the bridge, and I did take some photos there. Wish us luck, we really want this house.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello.
    Good luck - I really hope you get the house, it sounds lovely and in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you are welcome, and thanks, we have everything crossed lol

    ReplyDelete