Books

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dreams

I have always had the tendency to have weird dreams, and the last few nights have been no exception.
Last night I was dreaming, we moved back to the flat I lived in whilst at art school, incidentally the first flat my husband and I lived in together. In the dream we bought a teeny tiny fluffy puppy, who apparently only needed fed once a month on onion soup, (my husbands favorite kind of soup is French onion). The night before last I was dreaming I was in labour, in hospital. All the while I was trying to order a new sofa to be delivered before I got home. I didn't have a bed to labour by and I was getting agitated about it so they took me to my bed, which was situated about a foot from the top of some stone stairs. Obviously I wasn't happy, so they told me to get in upside down so I couldn't see the stairs.

One of my sisters, my Dad and myself were all sleepwalkers and sleeptalkers. My Dad and Mum owned a sweet shop for many years and Dad used to call out sweetie names in his sleep. My sister, like me, regularly wandered the house at night, especially when something was on her mind. I was in and out of bed like a yoyo in the months after my first marriage ended.

So although silly dreams are common place, I cant help feel these latest dreams are trying to tell me something, I just dont know what. Ah well, 'whats meant for me will not go past me' as Granny used to say.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.

* The photo is me on holiday in Venice, I wasn't asleep just taking a wee rest after a day of sightseeing.

2 comments:

  1. In colour here :)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/talkingtohattie/5520834712/

    ReplyDelete